As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing
Re:New OT use questions on samples per pattern and previewing 12 Years, 5 Months ago
pulsn wrote:
That sounds absolutely awesome. But...how do you remember which sample slice is what sound? For random glitchy stuff, when an LFO is randomly changing the slices this must be cool though. I gotta try that...

to be honest, with sample chains of 64 drums for example, i really do not remember which slice is which, nor do I really want to. I tend to rely on experimentation more than anything else, so I'll just lock random values to some trigs, and see what happens. Or assign LFO's to start and resample when I get something I like.

On the other hand, let's say you have 16 drum grooves sliced into 16 slices, it would be easy enough to remember which is where, since, well, you're the one who ordered them in the first place. Hope this helps
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply